LG Washer / dryer F1403RD , dryer not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First of all welcome to all ,

I have a F1403RD LG washer dryer but the dryer has suddenly stopped heating up. At first I would get error DHE roughly on 19 minutes into a 30 minute dry. After the error I replaced the dryer element and the Thermister dryer sensor the 2 prong job with parts from 4lg. I didn't replace the Thermostat in the metal dryer duct so could it possible be this? also, how do I test this ?.

It still doesn't heat up on dry but the DHE error doesn't appear and now it goes to the end of the cycle as normal but cold. I also took the plastic vent dryer duct off the back of the tub and cleaned it out but there wasn't much in it as I had cleaned this about a year back.

I'm now at a loss as to what the problem can be. How do I now check to find out what's causing the error ? any fuses or blocked pipes I should look for ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Sponsored Links
To test the thermostat you just need a multi meter set to resistance & check for continuity. If you are competent to do so you can also check if you are getting 240v at the element & other components with it.

Thanks for that, so this morning I checked the element to see if it were getting power which it was and I tested the dryer thermostat to see if it has continuity and it checked out fine.
It was then I watched a youtube video:-

I banged it on the tiled floor a few times and put it back in and unbelievably it started back up !.
I will have to order a new one just to make sure but it seems I found the problem. What threw me was the continuity saying is was OK.
thanks for the advice , much appreciated

Well done but it cannot have had continuity as they go open circuit after overheating & banging then resets them & gives you continuity. :)

Sponsored Links
I thought that but I checked it before hand and it did then after I banged it it worked, whatever the banging did made it work , continuity or no continuity my clothes are now drying :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back