LG WASHER PROBLEMS DIRTER THAN BEFORE WASHED !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry:
I hope some one can help i have a lg washer wd-14220fd about 4 yrs old and it keeps leaving slime and nasty black marks on my washing i have cleaned it all ,had all the pipes off and cleaned used that washing machine cleaning stuff and cant seem to get rid of it any ideas also today (this is going to be a bit hard to explain) was cleaning round the door seal and when i pull it towards me a little it exposes a gap between the drum and the seal i can get my finger in it and i think its where the sludge is coming from should the drum be sealed or is that gap right sorry it sounds a bit odd
thanks

Sponsored Links
Boil wash with white vinegar a couple of times.

I take it you do low temperature washes as the sludge is grease, fat and bacteria which love the low temp washes. The grease etc stays in the drum because the water is not hot enough to stop it solidifying and bacteria then grows on it.

Every so often you should do boil washes with a machine (towels bedding etc or even empty with white vinegar) to clean the grease out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back