lifting a basin waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,

I have a counter top basin that I am trying to reuse. The Basin does not have an overflow thus I am trying to fit an unslotted free flow waste. The problem that I have is that the recess in the sink for the waste is too deep for the waste fitting as when I fit the waste the cap does not allow water to pass as it is in the recess. I have had a look at the fitting and there does not seem to be any ability to set the height of the Cap. Does anyone know of any free flow wastes that allow adjustment of the height of the cap or have any suggestions on how I could pack the waste to lift it up by a few mm while maintaining the seal?

Hope the above makes sense. Thanks in advance.

James

Sponsored Links
Don't understand....can you post a pic? or have you got a clicker waste:notworthy:

I wasn't sure if anyone would understand my post!

Please see attached sketch. it is a fixed waste that allows water to flow through (on toolstation as freeflow basin waste). Sketch A is how it is supposed to sit but due to the shape of the basin it sits too low and does not allow any flow sketch B.

The only thing I can think of is to pack the base up with a few poly washers but then I'm not too sure how good the seal will be.

James

Attachments

• Drawing1-Model.jpg
    Drawing1-Model.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 136
Sponsored Links
I had thought about going for a flip top or push button waste. The reason for going for a free flow was that there is no overflow and wanted to minimise the risk of the kids leaving a tap on and flooding the room.

Ah, I see your point. Obviously you have tried unscrewing the cap but that doesn't work?

I have looked at that but there is no feature to let you lock it in place and the tread is quiet loose, but it has got me thinking! I could try a few washers to stop the cap being screwed down too far. This may give me a couple of mm.

Toolstation 83602 flat grid 19 hole basin waste:notworthy:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back