Lifting a carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I go about lifting a carpet in a room, and not damaging the carpet so that it can be relaid?

Need to get the full carpet lifted so can get access to all the floorboards underneath.

Sponsored Links
is it glued nailed or on gripper rod?

if glued all the way it will no doubt get damaged when lifting
if its nailed (very doubtful but i have seen it)gently use a pry bar or something similar.
gripper rod then its just a case of getting a start on it,then work your way around the room loosing it all,then roll it up.

is it glued nailed or on gripper rod?

if glued all the way it will no doubt get damaged when lifting
if its nailed (very doubtful but i have seen it)gently use a pry bar or something similar.
gripper rod then its just a case of getting a start on it,then work your way around the room loosing it all,then roll it up.

I'm pretty sure its gripper rodded as it has incredibly sharp protruding bits around the very edge of it (the sharp bits only noticeable by touching the absolute edge of it).

Any tips on getting it up in the first instance (i.e. where is best to start - corner? Middle of edge of one side? And then work which way)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back