Lifting carpet to get to the floor board. How does this threshold work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have wooden floorboards that are getting a bit too squeaky. so I am going to lift the carpet. I hope it wont be too trixy

The thresholds look like the images below. But I'm not totally sure the best way to lift them as they look flimsy and not sure how they are attached so don't know how to detach them other than with force.

Are these simple to lift, or will I have to destroy them to lift them?

Only thresholds I've used before was this type for laminate flooring which are quite different
https://www.diy.com/departments/goodhome-decor-160-wood-effect-threshold-l-93cm/3663602530220_BQ.prd

Any suggestion appreciated
Cheers

41c01036-eb13-44f0-8525-9a0f5749ae20.jpeg 22734caf-510d-4bab-8a4b-bf6a3c581995.jpeg ca83d1c1-2afb-41a4-9e63-859fbf8dca93.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Just ease the carpet out of the trim slowly. Then the trim should be nailed or screwed in and it’s easy to remove.

Hey thanks for that.. was an easy job I just didn't want to balls it up!
Much appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back