Lifting Padstone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Having a nightmare with sliding in my 600x215x100 Padstone into a tight position under the steel. Any advice?
Every time I slide it in, I have mortar spreading out and then finding it difficult to get the Padstone tight to the steel.

Not as easy as the ones I’ve done before with much smaller padstones.

I have got the steel into position with acros now just building up to the steel but finding it difficult sliding the Padstone in and getting a tight Padstone fit.

am I allowed to have a thin mortar line under the steel and above the Padstone?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd get it tight to the steel with shims in the edge of the mortar bed, then pack the joint underneath with a dry ish mortar, then remove the shims.

Or, as Ronny says, once the mortar is set, insert shims between the Padstone and the steel (slate or steel)

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Having a nightmare with sliding in my 600x215x100 Padstone into a tight position under the steel. Any advice?
Every time I slide it in, I have mortar spreading out and then finding it difficult to get the Padstone tight to the steel.

Not as easy as the ones I’ve done before with much smaller padstones.

I have got the steel into position with acros now just building up to the steel but finding it difficult sliding the Padstone in and getting a tight Padstone fit.

am I allowed to have a thin mortar line under the steel and above the Padstone?

Thanks
Remove a course of bricks beneath the pad and then fit the pad , jack it up then mortar back slightly cut down bricks back...

Pack it up with a timber wedge at each end, infill with mortar using a finger trowel then knock out the wedges and make good the next day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back