lifting render

K

ken the chef

The render to one of my outside walls [gets all the rain] has lifter around the window. Tap, and it sounds hollow plus a few small cracks.
The Bungalow was built about 1986. As yet I do not know what type of block or brick are behind the old render.
It's obviusly requires reairing but I am not sure what rendering mix to use. I have found several webb sites that give conflicting mixes ranging from 1 to 3 / 1 to 6 / plus some with lime.
I intern doing the job myself.
Any info will be apreciated

Sponsored Links
your scratch coat should be 6-1 and your top coat should be 4-1-1, put your first coat on flattening out the wall then scratch it horizontally, then your top coat flattening it using a straight edge fill any slacks and rub it up with a plastic float then lightly rub over with a sponge. If the surface is dry and dusty wet it or mix pva and cement wet and brush onto the surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back