Lifting T&G chipboard - nailed on joists

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to lift the floor (chipboard T&G, 8' x 2' x18mm, 16" centres on the joists) in the bedroom to tidy up some wiring (currently running above the skirting in trunking :eek: ). I've run a circular saw along the join to cut out the tongues either side, and managed to get one end up away from the joist. However, the board is nailed to each joist and I can't get any leverage to lift the board away from the second joist. I can't go in from the side without making a mess of the boards either side - the point loads will just wreck the chipboard.

What do I do? At the moment I'm faced with the prospect of just having to wreck the boards then replace them, I'd rather not go this route.

Sponsored Links
Both excellent ideas! And I have a Toolstation just down the road from where I work! Think I'll go for the plug-cutter soln to make sure the nails don't exit sideways from the joist... just in case....

Thanks for the advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back