Lifting tiles - Re-grouting/adhesive advise

Ok, so I have lifted the tiles and the board underneath was damp so waiting to dry out. The previous owners used this quite porous board which has swelled and caused the obvious cracking of the tiles as it pushed them up. What I need to know is what can I paint over this material to seal it when dry before I tile over ? I did think of the rubber paint you can get to paint on walls to stop damp coming through ? Then I will tile with the better adhesive and use flexible powder grout which will hopefully not crack and thus stop water getting onto the board. I know it's probably best to use ply board but that would be a huge job for me. Just for now I want to get the tiles back down and sealed.

Sponsored Links
Ok, so I have lifted the tiles and the board underneath was damp so waiting to dry out. The previous owners used this quite porous board which has swelled and caused the obvious cracking of the tiles as it pushed them up. What I need to know is what can I paint over this material to seal it when dry before I tile over ? I did think of the rubber paint you can get to paint on walls to stop damp coming through ? Then I will tile with the better adhesive and use flexible powder grout which will hopefully not crack and thus stop water getting onto the board. I know it's probably best to use ply board but that would be a huge job for me. Just for now I want to get the tiles back down and sealed.

Attachments

• IMG_1695.JPG
    IMG_1695.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 111
Sponsored Links
I appreciate that but I have already bought the Homebase waterproof tile adhesive and getting the rest of those tiles off would take an eternity as some are welded to the tiles underneath. Surely the board can be treated with something waterproof ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back