Light Bulb Blowing Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have installed a remote control dimmer switch in a room and for some reason (not too sure if this has happened from install) whenever the light is ON in the room and someone switches off the bathroom light, the bulb blows in the room with the remote control dimmer.
Any ideas as to what this is? I am going to change out the dimmer to a normal type dimmer switch and see what happens, just a little concerned as to why the bulb blows (it doesnt switch the fuse though, just the bulb). Its happened about 5 times now.
Help
Lee

Sponsored Links
Yes i believe so, when i flick the fuse both bathroom and bedroom lights go off.

Bathroom lights are powered through a transformer in the void.

Originally i put on the remote control dimmer which was blowing bulbs (not all the time but much more than normally).

This weekend i swapped out this dimmer switch for a normal twist dimmer. No bulbs blown yet but switch itself buzzes and bulb flickers quite a lot.

Swapped this out for a normal ON/OFF switch and problem solved.

Really would like to put the originally dimmer back in though, any ideas what was causing the bulbs to blow?

Lee

Sponsored Links
Are the dimmer and its load (the lamp and any control gear) compatible with eah other?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back