Light fitting on wardrobe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to attach a light fitting to each of my two wardrobe - as it would shine over the bed.
I am thinking of running the lights from a mains plug, using flex, going up through the base of the wardrobe, so wiring on the inside. Then installing a switch into the side of wardrobe, then light fitting above switch.
So the wiring would be inside wardrobe - is cut a hole for light switch to sit in (put a plastic patteress box on so connections not exposed.)

Does this just sound crazy to people? How many regulations do you think I am contradicting? Lol
[/b]

Sponsored Links
We've answered some questions here:

//www.diynot.com/forums/electrics/small-decorative-switches.363568/

Have you changed your mind?

Yes it's changed a bit - I'm just trying to get it to look nice.
After looking into all the switches that were recommended in other post i think it'll look better with a 'proper' decorative square light switch and just cut a square hole in the cupboard.
Then rather than connecting it to mains/hard wired circuit - just to run it from a plug- as the plug socket is under the bed anyway

Sponsored Links
The use a wireless controlled plug, and not bother with switches on the wardrobes.

Or fit wall lights with integral switches.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back