light replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
first time on the site so this has probably been dealt with before.

I have a new light for a downstairs toilet. it is double insulated and obviously only has the Neutral/Phase terminals

I am putting the light in the place that is currently occupied by a ceiling rose so that has to be taken out.
Whats the best way to deal with the Neutral/phase/Earth connections of the circuit/switch. put them into chock blocks or a junction block in the loft space?

Sponsored Links
billy have you got a loft space above your downstairs loo? what cables have you got at the light fitting at the moment.

Insulation tape?? Thats what diy'ers use - terminal blocks don't need additional insulation - and must be in an enclosure such as the light fitting.

Sponsored Links
sorry should have said. downstairs toilet single floor so yes i do have a loft above it.
1.5mm cable currently attached and the chocblocs won't fit in then new light fitting

how many cables have you got coming in to the existing light fitting

fireman22 said:
how many cables have you got coming in to the existing light fitting

1 cable from source - phase/neutral/earth and the switch so its the last light on the circuit

i would pull the cable into the attic space put the live, switched live, neutral and earth on four connector blocks attach a lenth of two core cable through ceiling to feed new light the clip around the four connector block a "choc box" it is a clear enclosure that is designed to clip around connector blocks.

Cheers Fireman i thought it would be easier with a connector block

thanks - this is a good sight lots of good info especially with regards to Part P and certification. will keep watching

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back