light stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
wondering if someone can help, my light has stopped working, so i've taken it down to replace it and have noticed a spare wire?

is this correct?

looks like the 3 wires were connected into the earth, live and neutral

any help would be appreciated

thumbnail_IMG_9640.jpg

Sponsored Links
wondering if someone can help, my light has stopped working, so i've taken it down to replace it and have noticed a spare wire?
is this correct?
No, that could be why it stopped working, although it does indicate that at least one other light would not be working either.

looks like the 3 wires were connected into the earth, live and neutral
Well, three earths,
three reds (one permanently live, one taking power to other room(s) and one taking power to the switch), all connected together,
three blacks (one permanent neutral, one taking neutral to other room(s) and one with brown sleeve bringing power back from the switch when on), the two neutrals connected together and separate switched live.
The switched live and neiutrals are connected to the light, plus earth if needed.

IF - only IF - there are three reds connected together, I can't see, then

upload_2019-6-24_18-35-17.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back