Ikea lighting no earth connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've bought a ceiling light from ikea which only has a neutral and live connection, however the one I'm replacing and current connection also has an earth wire?

Is it possible to go ahead with connecting only the live and neutral? What do I do with the earth?

Any help appreciated. Many thanks, Phil

Sponsored Links
Place the earth into a piece of terminal block and tuck out of the way in the enclosure, then it is there for future use.

The fitting you have purchased is a class II double insulated fitting. These do not require to be connected to earth, therefore no earth terminal will be on the fitting. So as above, make sure the CPC/earth is sleeved (green&yellow), place in a connection block and leave safely. Do not cut the cable back, as it maybe needed in any future fittings, it also comes in very helpful when doing testing and faulty finding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back