Light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a 3 way light switch, one of the switches controls a single gang socket (for lights only), I am going to fit a sonoff to an extension plugged into this single socket and want to turn the 3 way into a 2 way, is it as simple as removing the 3 way and connecting the 2 cables together from the 3rd switch to make the socket permanently on?

hope this makes sense.

Sponsored Links
I have a 3 way light switch...
In terms of the usual terminology, you mean "3 gang".
... one of the switches controls a single gang socket (for lights only), I am going to fit a sonoff to an extension plugged into this single socket and want to turn the 3 way into a 2 way, is it as simple as removing the 3 way and connecting the 2 cables together from the 3rd switch to make the socket permanently on?
Basically yes, but you don't necessarily have to remove/replace the existing switch - you could just connect together the two wires which currently go to the third switch by putting them both into one of the terminals of the third switch (which would then do nothing).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back