lighting circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok on a lighting circuit where you don't want a ceiling rose to use the junction box system but instead of a junction box under the floorboards , which are chipboard and difficult to access. Have a conection strip in the box behind the light switch. I have seen this done on commercial premises and wondered if it is ok in residential.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Regs require all connections to be accessible and inspectable. a light switch back box would conform to this but I am alittle confused as to how this circuit is being wired. Are you bringing the live feed to the switch box? as usual a diagram would help.

Qedelec said:
Regs require all connections to be accessible and inspectable. a light switch back box would conform to this but I am alittle confused as to how this circuit is being wired. Are you bringing the live feed to the switch box? as usual a diagram would help.

Thanks for your reply, i'm not sure how to upload a diagram. Yeah the live feed would connect at the back of the box to a connection block wich would act in the same way as a junction box or ceiling rose.

picture? see this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back