Lighting connector strips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have loop in at the light fitting, not the switch. I also have bar spots with a rather small base so when I need to take the light fitting down for decorating it's a pain to put back up keeping the cables tucked away inside safe.

Can you get something a bit more streamlined than your typical connector block, that goes into the ceiling void (without having a massive hole for something like the Click Flow connectors) with only a flex coming from that, through the light fitting hole then wired in? Cable is 1mm T+E but even that requires the bigger connector blocks getting 3 wires in to a single terminal.

Something similar to crimping connectors, but detachable for maintenance without having to dewire anything!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I did think about that when I wrote it, but depending on the size of the hole then a WAGO box may not be an option. I'll leave it for the OP to confirm what access is like.
Ideally he comes back and tells us it's upstairs and can be accessed via the loft...

Sponsored Links
These are no good for flex, but would reduce down to ONE T+E cable, also smaller than a Wago box.

Quickwire-Switch-Load-Front.jpg

Thanks.

The current hole in the ceiling is just a smidge more than enough to get the 3 T+E through, and unfortunately it’s both floors so won’t have access from above for the downstairs ones.

I think those WAGO connecters are probably too big, as the required hole may interfere with the fitting mount holes.

I’m decorating soon so will take some pics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back