Lighting-Direct.co.uk A warning!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the past I have posted links to Lighting-Direct's product website and have ordered products from them. I am therefore posting a note of caution.

Lighting-Direct seem to be in some trouble and appear to have ceased trading.

In July I placed an order with Lighting-Direct (paid with PayPal) with a delivery estimate of 5-10 days. After 3 weeks the products had not arrived and I was advised that I could expect them 'next week'.

Next week came and went and after several (unreturned) emails and phone calls I cancelled the order.

Since then I have been trying to get my money back (refund though PayPal). Nothing has happened and the telephone answerphone says the offices are "temporarily closed". All emails sent to the company are bounced back.

A thread on MoneySaving Expert indicates that I am not alone.
Trading Standards have been alerted.

I advise you not to place orders with them. It is still possible to place orders on their website (and they will take your money) but it would seem that you will not see the goods or your money again.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Sponsored Links
Cheers Taylor,

Hope you havent lost much and can reclaim.

I will try to remember the name -LD- but unfortunately have a goldfish memory so will prob end up ordering from them in a wks time!!

Thanks again

Should nip around, have a word in Gary's shell-like?

-0-

Sponsored Links
Companies house shows Lighting Direct Ltd as dormant, and dormant for a long time ! ! !

Now I would be VERY suspicious.

I have just been informed by a reliable source, that Lighting Direct have officially gone into liquidation, although I will not be happy until their website, (which is still capable of taking money from unwary customers), is taken down off the internet, or a sizable notice put on the site to state the fact. I will also take this with a pinch of salt until Trading Standards or Consumer Direct inform me personally.

Lighting Direct have personally left me out of pocket, and were probably well aware that their company was in trouble when they took my money, knowing they would not be able to supply the goods. They have made no attempt to contact me, reply to my telephone messages or my e-mails, or refund me. They were still promoting themselves on both Twitter & Facebook up until the 13th August, (I ordered on te 5th), and therefore have gone from a reliable on-line retailer to scammers, who will quite happily take your money, but not supply the goods.

Stick a .org on the end of my username, and you can find out what you can do if you have been affected by this greed-ridden company!

Thank you, and welcome to the forum!

I'm still waiting for results from PayPal - status shows they are awaiting reply from L-D. They've got a long wait.

My PayPal is paid from my AMEX card, so I'm hoping that one, or the other, will provide me with a refund. I will KYA..

I'll be checking out your website, with interest!

Further research shows that the MD Mr Gary Nathan Berg lives at 7 The Birches, Bushey Heath WD2 3TW.

I might make a visit with my friend, he is known as Big Mac...
:evil:

The postcode is actually WD23 4TW. You can take a close look on Google Maps of Garys £500,000 house by selecting Satellite or Earth and zooming in.

You might even see Gary hiding behind the rhubarb in his garden if you look close enough :LOL:

The last testimonial posted....

Thank you very much for your prompt customer service on this. The replacement has arrived and is set up and working. I often wonder about ordering goods on-line but your company has been great, thank you.
H.Harrison - Poole, Dorset 26/07/10

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back