Lighting feed.

Sponsored Links
certainly needs a rewire. old light switches, and those couplers and 5a bayonet plugs were made illegal decades ago, IIRC.

Sponsored Links
We used to move the bulb to the one on the side and plug the electric iron into the straight down one. That way the weight of the iron lead put less strain on the pendant wire by not bending it.

I also saw one with three sockets, radio, lamp and iron. We never aspired to that luxury. Nearest was using two 2 ways for Xmas lamps radio and lamp.

Great days, pity you youngsters missed all those good times.

I'm still young and I remember couple of those fittings lying about my parents shed. :D

You could get a 2-way version (from woolies) that had a switch. IIRC the side bayonet was always on and the switch controlled the straight down bayonet.

Yes, great in the bathroom too, electric shaver (Ronson, of course) and doing the, ironing - how did that 5A fusewire stand it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back