Lighting Sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a outdoor lighting sensor max switching load of 2000w

I wired up 5 wall lights (10 led bulbs at 7w each) Max load 70w via a outdoor 2 way 20a switch to a lighting sensor

Details of wiring= 2way switch live in COM and all neutrals in a connector block
2way switch perm live from sensor double up in COM and switch live to sensor from
L1
Brown doubled up in L1 to the lights and neutral in connector block

All working fine by pressing switch to off lights permanantly off and turn switch off lights working on sensor

I added further lights on to the circuit (10 15w led lights) max output 150w when i turn switch on to sensor the button will not switch on. Removed sensor wiring to sensor the switch turns on

Could i have blown the sensor? Total output is 220watts
Please can any experts shed some light on this. Have i done anythin incorrect?????

Sponsored Links
A diagram instead of trying to follow your convoluted written description would be welcome.

If it's rated for 2000W, it may not be suitable for LED lamps, even though it worked with the smaller load. When it initially switches on, it's not using the sensor, and when you remover the sensor, it's okay, so I'd say that poves it.

Update::
Max Led lighting output 225w on the sensor fryin on 220w. Spoke to the manufacturer they will investigate and test their batch (bet it's Chinese import)
Replaced sensor then wired in a contactor all working fine

Thanx all

Sponsored Links
headsmash_23748avatard.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back