Lighting - wall switch or pullcord?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all!

I'm after a bit of advice on whether I need to replace a wall switch for a light with a pull cord.

The one and only toilet in my house is a separate room to the bathroom, so I want to put a hand basin into the toilet so that we don't have to go round to the bathroom to wash hands.

Currently there's just a normal flip switch for the light, but after the basin is installed would I need to have it replaced with a pullcord?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No you don't have to, providing no bath/shower in the room. You would need to consider the location of the switch to the basin though, for suitable IP Rating, common sense really.

Thanks. The room is pretty small, about 1mx2m and the only place it could fit is half way along the same wall as the switch making it about 30cm to the right of the switch and 50cm down.

Sponsored Links
As edited, common sense. Although the room is not considered a special location because it has no bath or shower. You still need to take in to consideration the vicinity of the basin in relationship to the switch.
You don't have to replace with pull cord.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back