Pullcord to Regular Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi (y)

Just moved home and fixing the place up. Have replaced many a light switch in my years but never a bathroom pullcord.

In this instance the old owner had a pullcord light switch installed in the bedroom, where there is no sinks or toilets or risk of water splashing. I don't know why, we all have our moments I suppose. o_O

I am wondering if it is straight foward to replace the pullcord with a regular switch, or if the wiring is some how different to normal?

Thanks for advice! :)

Sponsored Links
In this instance the old owner had a pullcord light switch installed in the bedroom, where there is no sinks or toilets or risk of water splashing. I don't know why, we all have our moments I suppose. o_O
Do you mean it's not on the ceiling?

I am wondering if it is straight foward to replace the pullcord with a regular switch, or if the wiring is some how different to normal?
It's straight forward - it's just a switch.

Sponsored Links
Its quite common around here to find a pull switch above a bed, normally in the master bedrooms.

Totally see the logic of being able to turn lights on and off from the bed side. Most new jobs tend to have a double switch by tye headboard for side and main lights.

And when you get in the car to go to work, you turn the headlights on and the chandelier in the bedroom comes on...

If I want a light switching on or off, all I do is operate the call bell in the room I'm in and one of the maids hurries through the mansion to operate the switch for me. Ringing the bell twice alerts them to bring a bacon roll with brown sauce.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back