Lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just converted the garage in to a kitchen/diner measuring 5.5M x 6M and was wondering how many down lighters I might need?

The kitchen area takes up 5.5M x 2.4M and the dining area occupies the rest which is 5.5M x 3.6M. I already have 3 5A plug-in light points for the dining area but wondered how many spots I should back it up with and how many to put in the kitchen area?

Any ideas appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Just converted the garage in to a kitchen/diner measuring 5.5M x 6M and was wondering how many down lighters I might need?
Using 600mm out from wall and then 1 per 900/1000mm you will need around the 30 mark - how you divide them up between the kitchen and diner is up to you.
You will need to put them on a low wattage lamps rather than the standard 50w = 1.5kw, though even 25watts will still be 750w and this may mean you need another standalone lighting circuit.
Or you could put LED lighting like this in.
http://www.downlightsdirect.co.uk/h...ownlight-brushed-aluminium-natural-white.html
Alternatively you might want to consider centrally based lighting which will cost a whole lot less to buy and run and give you a better quality of lighting.
The choice is yours - good luck.

Sponsored Links
Centrally based lighting?

Big light in the middle of the room.

In the olden days a five foot strip light would have done. These days there is a lot more choice.

Just fitting lots of down lighters is a bad idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back