Advice on storage heaters or any cheap heating solutions pls

Don't they produce a fearsome amount of water vapour?
Well, quite a lot, although I didn't find it 'fearsome'. bear in mind that in very cold weather the humidity is low anyway. I can't remember any condensation problems.
Bottled gas produces less water vapour than the diesel/paraffin powered space heaters.

Sponsored Links
im going to look into the economy 10

Not all suppliers offer tariffs that support Economy 10. You should ask your DNO if they can provide it.

It will mean a change of electricity meter.

FYI
The structure of the 10 off peak hours is as follows;

3 hours in the afternoon
2 hours in the evening
5 hours over night

Times vary, It's specifically designed for use with electrically-heated wet radiator systems. Not sure if its beneficial for stiorage rads

Not sure if its beneficial for stiorage rads
It isn't, since storage heaters are designed to take a 7 hour charge.

Using them on E10 just means they are not fully charged overnight, but are then overcharged during the day/evening.
The problem can be overcome to some extent by using heaters that are undersized for the room, however far better to get the correct size heaters on an E7 supply.

Don't they produce a fearsome amount of water vapour?
Yes and they also use up the oxygen so there has to be a source of fresh air for the room. Cold fresh air from outside the building.

Using a wet heating system ( radiators ) with a small balanced flue boiler converted to run on propane ( or other bottled gas ) may be the most cost effective way

Sponsored Links
Wow now thats a significant difference. Damn, im back to square one

the differential can be a lot less as in maybe a ratio off 2-1
but you need to do your homework to find out my first example was an actual but extreme example :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back