Lights and sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hye

I am in the middle of a restoration project and now have come to the point where i need to add the lighting to the house. what i want is a feed from the fuse box powering all the spot lights. I was wondering how many i can add to the feed for it to be safe. also how do i split the wiring so it goes to the light and then goes to the next light.????

Any help will be appreciated.

shab

Sponsored Links
The mere fact that you are asking such basic questions shows beyond any doubt that you don't know anywhere near enough to be doing the electrical work in this restoration.

Please get an electrician.

And BTW - as you are adding new circuits, the work becomes notifiable to LABC.

You could get a good DIY wiring book or two out of the library, but there is a fair amout to it - not a one line answer covers all possibles of the kind you will get here. Actually I would go as far to say that you will need more than one book's worth,and will need to set aside a fair bit of learning time if you don't recognize lighting circuits already in the reference section here.. (I'm assuning you looked there before posting and made no sense?)
But, with a co-operative sparks, you can save some of the money by drilling the holes, pulling the wires in etc. That might be a much better approach if you are really starting from no prior knowledge at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back