lights / bonding in bathroom

but i have read about it in books and i have listened to what people have said here.......how can you talk about confidence and accuracy when there are people here that do things differently and claim to be right? the confidence is mostly misplaced.............just being confident doesnt mean you're right does it?and why not go down that road? Once again it backs up what i said.

Sponsored Links
sijaysee said:
but i have read about it in books and i have listened to what people have said here
In that case you're going in the right direction, but why do you object so strongly to the manner in which forum members present their advice to you? When you put yourself in the position of asking, you have no choice but to follow the rules of the forum - some of these are defined up front, many are "tribal laws" that you learn by experience. It does seem that you haven't learned that part of things yet.

sijaysee said:
.......how can you talk about confidence and accuracy when there are people here that do things differently and claim to be right?
Simply because I have the right to express my opinion, which is that the behaviour you experience as arrogance is actually, as I said, confidence and accuracy. I have no problem if you disagree with me - we can just agree to disagree, can we not?

sijaysee said:
not the confidence is mostly misplaced.............just being confident doesnt mean you're right does it?
Quite correct - confidence is not the same as accuracy, which is why I listed them both.

sijaysee said:
and why not go down that road?
Because I choose not to go down the road of listening to your tales of poor or incorrect installations, that's all. You may choose to present them here, but you'll struggle to find someone who isn't bored to death by the very idea.

sijaysee said:
Once again it backs up what i said.
If you feel that it does, then be happy with that. You may be alone with that opinion though, and it's one that I certainly don't share. Once again, agreeing to disagree is probably the clearest and moist concise outcome that we can salvage from this.

In the interests of bringing this topic to some kind of conclusion, I don't intend to reply to any non-technical points from this point onwards - if you want to argue about whether or not what I've written proves you right, or backs you up, then it won't be with me.

Ehh Bah Gum,
It`s good to talk.
This has been a very interesting topic.
The one who lost all abillity to respond with logical debate but hurled abuse lost the arguement.
I think we all know who won.
Sadly this should have been a discusion but was turned into an arguement.
10/0 to Ban I think

who won what? didnt know it was a competition.I didnt lose any argument. I have my opinions and you have yours and i think that we will agree to disagree.I have shown that from a technical point of view that there are many different ways that electricians interpret the regs.

Sponsored Links
I think there could be a chance, that they are referring to me. Or maybe you, who knows and cares. Its just another of BAN's cronies.

Softus, I do hope that you are tired of this or me. I really do, as I'm also tired of this cr*p. But the point is, that I cannot see how this is going to move on, while you guys behave the way you do to others outside of you little click.

Edit - Softus, I owe you a tiny weeny bit of an apology, as I just noticed something! Anyway you seem like a decent fair person, and so as a sign of good faith. I'm willing to behave and begin again from the beginning (as though I have just joined). So lets see what happens from here in.

P.S. Please dont think for one moment, that I am throwing the towel in. Someone has to make the first move, and as true to my nature. I will make it me. Obviously if you guys prefer it like it was, then bring it on!

Anybody can make a mistake it`s easy, but it takes a giant to admit he was wrong.
Well done mate

I am not a cronnie of anyone.
If I were to see ban or anyone else say something I disagree with I would say so.
It`s just I happen to agree with a lot of what he says and especially on this subject.
No one ever won an arguement by being abusive.

Bazdaa said:
Edit - Softus, I owe you a tiny weeny bit of an apology, as I just noticed something! Anyway you seem like a decent fair person, and so as a sign of good faith. I'm willing to behave and begin again from the beginning (as though I have just joined). So lets see what happens from here in.
Bazdaa, you haven't said what you're apologising for, so this is hard, but I'll take it in the spirit that I believe you intended.

Your posting alternatively addresses me, then others, and in the end I'm not sure who should read what, but as far as cronies go your perception is different to reality. I don't think I've ever exchanged postings with b-a-s, except maybe obliquely. And plenty of the members with whom you appear to think I might be in a clique would actually consider me to be a thorn in their side, for reasons that are unimportant right now.

Bottom line? If you want to cut out the nonsense, some of which I concede that I'm responsible for, then that's fine with me.

Let`s all kiss and make up.
We can use the excuse of xmas if need be

Softus - The cronies and other stuff was on that occaision directed at Ebee NOT you.

Ebee - I retract that statement.

Si - A post!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back