Lights flickering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just been to a relatives flat and when I switch on the bathroom light it flickers but when I then switch on her bedroom light both lights flicker, this also happens with the kitchen light.

I can also see a faint spark coming from the bathroom light switch.

I've switched off her lighting circuit breaker as she wont be there over night. I also unscrewed the light switch for the bathroom but I couldn't see any loose connections.

Could this just be the light switch thats done or is there anything else it could be?

The helps greatly appreciated!!!

Sponsored Links
Probably a loose connection somewhere.

Trying looking in other switches/roses.

You shouldn't be able to see sparks coming from a light switch so replace that.
Do any other lamps flickering? Do table lamps flicker? It might be more obvious using normal lamps as opposed to energy saving.

Sponsored Links
I only checked the three she had told me about. I didn't have any tools otherwise i would've had a better look. I'll replace the switch tomorrow hopefully its only that. I'll reply back once i've done it.

Thanks guys! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back