Lights not on - bell box or sensors. Scantronic 9448+

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So we've been caught up with these floods & power going out. The bell box was renewed late October this year as was the internal battery & PIR sensors.

Saturday 10:30pm - power went out
Monday 12:30am - alarms start ringing. Interior & exterior. Tamper warning light is lit up too. Punch in the key code which shuts up the interior alarm but exterior rings away.

At this point we don't know what's going on (since been told if the negative loses charge then its battery (bell box) will kick in until it drains), so we disconnect internal battery, pull out a red wire. None of that works.

Re-connect battery, put red wire back where it came but notice 2 blue wires with exposed ends. Not sure if it was like that before or not. One is coming from the bathroom sensor (window sensor) & i forget the other location.

At this point i'm sure all PIRs light up when you walk through the room & the red flashing light on the bell box is lit up.

Tuesday 1:00am - alarm rings off again. We know to leave it this time. Shuts up after 10 mins
Tuesday 6:30am - power is restored to the street & everyones alarms are going off. Eventually shuts up.

But notice this evening that the lights no longer show on the bell box, they no longer show on the interior PIRs & there's nothing on the control panel either.

Idea as to why?

Sponsored Links
no lights = no power

no battery power or power coming from the mains, so its a case of checking where you do have power and at what point power stop being distributed to the panel.

it could just be fuses, problem is sometimes with regular power outs sometimes other things get damaged.

If you have a multi meter you can test for power getting to the alarm and then check the fuses along the way.

Thanks for that.
Hopefully you can tell me what's happening with it this morning?
Came downstairs & went outside to hear a strange noise coming from the bell box. All the lights are still off everything i said they were but this noise is constant & it's very low. It's like electrical interference/static kind of thing. Like i say there's no break in it. Hmm thinking about it if you go past electricity pylons then i suppose it's kind of similar to that noise, except like i said very low.

so your sounders out of juice (extremely low) by the sounds of things.

until you get your power sorted out there is little you can do at the moment, without running down your replacements.
Do you have power where you are if so then you can look at new batteries fuses etc, difficult to say for certain if any other damage caused with it running on empty for so long.

Sponsored Links
Yeah we're back on power now. Have been since either Tuesday 6:30am or Wednesday. Tuesday i think it was. Have lost track of which day is which really.
Everything in there was new at the back end of October but i guess this doesn't matter & it can still run out because of what's gone on?

I contacted the alarm guy but as you can expect he's very busy. The day after everything got shut down he took 300 calls in that day alone which was, he told me, lower than what he thought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back