scantronic 9448+ issues with alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I don't know if you can help me, I have looked through the threads and I cannot see my specific issue, When I set my alarm it emits an internal alarm noise but nothing from the external bell,I tested the external bell, and it works, the number 4 zone is lit up red when I input the code to set the alarm, the lights blink on the two ceiling sensors and the 4 sensors on the doors and windows visually appear OK, I last changed the battery in 2016, for some reason it blew a fuse ,but I replaced that, and it all appeared fine, I was wondering if there was a way to disable the number four zone so I can still use the alarm, I have a new Battery being delivered tomorrow just in case It's that, thanks for looking

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is there any thing wired to zone 4 ( look inside alarm panel ) if not and there is no shorting link fitted , it will need one or program it as not used ….. if there is something wired to zone 4 then it’s faulty / open circuit

Sorry I am totally blind where wiring is concerned , I hope these pictures help, 4 is used,it looks like a circuit fault then?, is there a workaround. thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMAG0302.jpg
    IMAG0302.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMAG0300.jpg
    IMAG0300.jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMAG0301.jpg
    IMAG0301.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 65
  • IMAG0303.jpg
    IMAG0303.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 71
open all the doors see what lights up …..close one at a time , now see what lights up ….

Sponsored Links
Hi I did as you asked, my kitchen window zone 1 and kitchen door are zone 3, my lounge window is zone 1 and my kitchen and longe ceiling sensors are zone 3, the front door (the entry point) didn't trigger any additional buttons to light up , only the number 4 button remained lit, the number 2 button did not light up, it doesn't appear to be wired
thanks
EDIT
would it be possible to remove the wires from zone 4 and insulate them with shrink tube ,or move them to another zone so I can use the the system?

Attachments

• IMAG0309.jpg
    IMAG0309.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMAG0310.jpg
    IMAG0310.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Remove the wires from zone 4 …put a wire shorting link in the zone ….now fully test the alarm …

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by a wire shorting link?, do you mean place a piece of wire between the two terminals on zone 4? as in bridging the terminals? and do I need to pull the mains fuse first
thanks

thanks I will try that in the morning , I have had a drink and I am nervous around wiring at the best of times. thank you

Good morning, I did as you asked, and the zone 4 light is now out, I set the alarm and walked into the lounge and the outside and inside bell sounded, however when I set the alarm and went outside, as soon as I entered the house the box made an intermittent bleeping sound, and no alarm went off until I walked in front of the sensor in the kitchen ,and that only activated the inside alarm, thanks
EDIT
I retested again and it did the same again when I entered the house , but this time I waited until the intermittent sound stopped and the internal alarm came on, and after a minute the outside alarm kicked in, thank you so much
edit
what do you suggest I do next, or can this be left as it is
thanks

Last edited:
Every device …..according to your first post 6 , 4 doors and two detectors …test one at a time

Hi, they all appear to work, I opened the windows and doors one at a time and the internal alarm went off, the entry door didn't kick in when I tested while it was open but when I closed it and set the alarm again and then entered the house it did kick in,
thanks
Edit
What do you think zone 4 was for?
edit
when I set the alarm with a door or window left open only the internal alarm sounds, is this normal for this alarm system?
edit
I just did a walk test (button 5 -enter- my security code) and tested all the windows ,doors etc and they triggered the test sound
thanks

Last edited:
Thank you so much Sparkymaka for your help, my home at the moment may be being targeted as I get my front door kicked at night and there is no one there when I go out, I suspect they are kicking it to see if anyone is at home, there has been a spate of break-ins in my area and one old lady was tied up, so thanks to you, I can sleep a little safer now that the alarm is working,
once again
Thank you
regards
Pete

Can’t comment on zone 4 ? Without any labels on the cable or paper work it’s anybodys guess ? It’s not the first time I’ve been to a job and a device has been left above a unit in a kitchen or above a ceiling after building work..

Ps yes the bell won’t ring on a bad set ( door left open on a setting ) as the alarm has not set ….also running out of time on entry does also give a pre alarm ( no bells ) of another 30 secs on that panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back