LightwaveRF new user - good so far

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, any lightwaverf users on here?
I just started using this system out of necessity and I'm really impressed despite some critics on the web. I had a situation where I had a live on a switch to a ceiling row but wanted to run Dimable downlights and a backlight led strip. If I used the wall switch to dim the downlights, it would kill the leds and I wanted to run them independently. This is where lightwaverf came in, I used their Dimable relay to run and dim the lights, their led strip module to run the leds aNd then removed the wall switch and connected it to be always live, removing the switch. I then stuck their mood switch over the wall switch which runs the two.
Since then, I've put a few other lightwaverf wall switches and relays in and out of the house. So far, very pleased.
Anyone else using them?

Sponsored Links
I bought one of their dim low energy lights and PIR switch. Worked for 9 months and the bulb went. Unfortunately not user serviceable so I reverted to good old manual. Seems they've extended the range, I certainly didn't find it to be set up and forget at the time (repeated re-pairing) which I would like to think is a good feature of home automation. Perhaps I was an early adopter, which has hit me in the past...

- low energy lights?? Not sure I have seen those in their range. They do switches but not lights that I've seen. Any links.
Had mine up for 3 weeks now and no issues with pairing at all and to be honest don't see why I would as it just links thr remote to the unit - can't see how it would lose it without a true hard reset.
No affiliation with them, just a happy customer....so far. I am buying more in the next few weeks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back