Low voltage power from a UK live only light switch

... Philips Hue ...
Good grief:

Choose the 'Energise' setting and all your selected light bulbs will bathe you in bright and vibrant light. It'll give your energy levels a boost. Perfect for those moments when your batteries are running low.

Has there been a major metabolic evolution, of which I am unaware, or is this just some snake-oil marketing b******t and not sound engineering?

because of the smart bulb, the circuit would be on all of the time, would this make it easier to have a power supply in series or will it depend on if the light constantly uses power?
But the light doesn't constantly use power, does it? It has power constantly available at the lamp position so that it can be controlled, but it isn't on all of the time, is it? Unless it is on there will be no path for current to flow through your device.

I've said it before, and I will keep on saying it for as long as you keep on demonstrating that it is true - you do not know enough about the basics of electrical circuits to be doing this.

And who is going to want this product of yours anyway? As well as drastically reducing your target market to only those people with a Hue, or similar, lighting system, once someone has that what value does your fancy switch or controller add? If you think you've got a novel idea which does add value, wouldn't you be much better off writing an Android app which you can then push out via Google Play, with no safety certification issues, no DIY wiring needed, no manufacturing costs for you, and so on?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back