LIME ADHESIVE !!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just moved into my next project and come across my 1st hurdle...All the bedroom ceilings had foam tiles , after stripping off the old tiles i could see a shiny layer left underneath..apparently a lime adhesive has been used and i wont be able to skim straight onto this because the plaster qont take or so im told...anyone have any experience with this stuff and can give me some advice ?? the likely options are to strip all this sh*t off which looks a tough job or just gamble and do a patch test and keep listening for when it hits the carpet ;) any advice anyone ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Never heard of Lime Adhesive..only lime wash which is like distemper..

If it is distemper, it won't wash off with cold water, but will with hot. Is quicker if you scrub while hosing. I'ver never done it inside a house but have done stage scenery flats (carried outside)

Never tried a steam stripper on it, that might be a handy approach.

It smells a bit as it includes boiled up hooves from dead horses.

If it's just plain lime wash (whitewash) without the glue, it should scrape and wash off easy,

But mind your eyes..it burns like hell..

Sponsored Links
boiled up horse hooves lol....yeuchhh......well the plaster hasnt fallen off yet lol ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back