Lime plaster vs Dot and Dab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a lime plastered plastered house, but the plaster has blown in one room on two walls. I have removed it completely back to exposed bricks (very rough and gappy i must add!) .

My question is what approximately how much more expensive would lime rendering to match the existing be? I have had a quote for £300 for it to be dot and dabbed and multi-finished, but would rather have it traditional but have as yet not found anyone local that will do traditional plastering!

The 2 walls are adjoined, are both 2.4 x 3m and both have got windows in them so 3 reveals in each wall.

Any ideas would be very gratefully received, on labour and materials!!

Thanks,

peterb

Sponsored Links
Lime render is trendy. Around 4 times the price won't be far off.

wow really, that much more?? Im torn between the two now with that sort of price difference!!

Sponsored Links
Hardly anyone does it and you have to be careful not to get cement mortar with lime added - it's not the same stuff. The old stuff needs damping down for days as it cures. Do a search for a poster named 'peaps' he used to talk about it a lot but never comes in here anymore.

i know 2 guys that can lime plaster but it is pricey dot and dab is cleaner quicker cheaper.
as lime plastering is a trade in its self there's not many guys out there doing it and the ones that are know there stuff and know how to price it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back