Lime scale build up.. Need an inhibitor.. Help required..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a hard water area and get a lot of scale build up in the kettle, around the taps and on the shower head aswell as in the grout of the shower.

I am looking for a solution that allows me to prevent, stop this from coming.

I don't want to install a water softener.

I have come across these electromagnetic solutions that just run from the mains or are just magnets.

Here are a few that I have looked at:-

- Eddy (http://www.eddy.uk.com/water-treatments.htm)
- salamander microwave
- liff wrapper

Can anyone advise or recommend any of these or alternative solutions? Specifically I am looking for one I can fit but if the best on the market is one that needs installing then I am fine to get this dne.

Really struggling for independent information on these so really appreciate anything you can bring to this discussion.

Regards
Mark

Sponsored Links
they will help a little but they wont make a big difference. A softener is the only guaranteed solution.

they're all the same im afraid. very little effect. I also live in a very hard water area. I only fit these things to appease manufacturers warranties, but they do diddly squat.

Sponsored Links
they're all the same im afraid. very little effect. I also live in a very hard water area. I only fit these things to appease manufacturers warranties, but they do diddly squat.

Surely they must do something to be a viable product sold?

Could the £33 sesi from screw fix be a gamble worth taking?

as i say they may have a very minor effect, but generally they are a waste of money. Surprising as it sounds, it is possible to sell something and say it does something even if it doesnt really.
I remember the inventor of the Hydroflow HS38 saying he would personally come and inspect any installations where they didnt work. It took about a week before he changed his mind :LOL:

I should add though that some products are more effective in different areas. Where i live nothing seems to work, but some people do get a contributory effect in other areas. The HS38 is probably the only device I know where people have noticed some sort of difference but its not cheap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back