Limescale in toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I installed my brand new toilet about 4 years ago and It has the tendency of accumulating limescale at the bottom which looks really horrible. I normally have to clean it by drainageing all water, let it dry completely and soak it with anti-lime scale fluid for a few hours, but it gets almost black again in less than a year. I presume it has to do with the quality of the toilet but is ther esomething I can do to prevent this or an easier way to clean it?
Thanks,
North

Sponsored Links
Harpic limescale remover, dose once a week, preferably leave overnight, but longer the better. Scrub with loo brush, keeps it clean. Prevention better than cure. ;)

Thanks for the tip. But does this happen because of the poor quality of the toilet? Or for the water?I am considering buying a new one

Lift the lid of the cistern and have a look - is it all black inside? If I was you I'd be on the phone to my local Environmental Health Officer asking for an explanation.

Sponsored Links
The water from the mains Will be wholesome and safe :idea: I`d look @ your storage cistern for dead rats :mad: . Unless your WC is mains fed ;)

The water in the tank looks fine and clean and is feed by the mains.
I dont know, I never had this problem before. I will keep cleaning it from time to time as this is less hassle than to use harpick every week which I am sure I will forget.
Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back