Limited Hot water out of taps

John, I'm sure that you could patent whatever product you use to dry out your humour. ;)

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
Of course!

The tightly-fitting lid keeps the drowned rats from getting out, and the spiders mostly wash down to the bath tap after their legs have fallen off :LOL:

The kitchen tap is mains fed.

You drown in your ignorance, why not feed all from main & discard a useless tank? much healthier?

cm13551 wrote

But the flow from the cold taps upstairs are fine, which are feed from the
header tank. So why would it be that?

Bamber gaspipe wrote

If correctly installed the cold taps will normally be supplied from the mains, the header tank supplies the cold supply & then to the cylinder which is stored Hot water. unless it`s tank fed cold water, mainly upstairs, but no hint of that as yet.

Fairly broad hint I would have thought.

Sponsored Links
Correct. His supply upstairs would appear to be tank fed. So what? how would that affect his Hot water ?Read back to what you are saying, his hot water still has to pass through something that makes it hot,normally a coil in a cylinder or a heat exchanger in a combi. He hasn`t got a combi.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: He has a flow rate problem.Where is the frikkin problem?... I would agree with Softus.. it`s a blockage.. or the flow rate is being restricted somewhere. But then again if all Hot taps are affected.I would investigate the tank/cylinder feeding the taps. ;)

Bamber gaspipe said:
You drown in your ignorance

Not drowning but waving
DrowningSmiley.gif

JohnD said:
Bamber gaspipe said:
You drown in your ignorance

Not drowning but waving
DrowningSmiley.gif

Sorry John, I got carried away,if I had known whom I was addressing then the knee would have been bowed. (is there a Smiley for doffing of the cap)? :D

All,

The header tank in the loft was OK, filled with clear water!! :D

It seem that it was a air lock, as I put my palm of my hand over our bathroom mixer tap and forced cold water back up the hot pipe, and all is OK now, hot water again!! :D

Checked all the hot taps in the house and everything is work OK, and noticed a spluttering from one of the downstairs hot taps for a while, so I assume it was an air lock.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES.

Much appeciated.

Chris..

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some ideas.
I have slow hot water from my cylinder which is in the loft of my bungalow. I have seen that theer are ways of checking for blockages using the filler taps and forcing cold water up the hoyt pipe! Trouble is both my bathroom sink which have mains cold is a monobloc and my bath filler also a mono bloc is fed from teh cyl and loft storage tank. My kitchen tap is mains fed cold and has hot and cold controls. Can I use this to back flush?

Next point is my bath filler pressure is vey poor both hot and cold fed by gravity. So slow in fact that the valve to switch to the shower head does not stay up. Question: can I pump the hot and cold from my salamander RSP shower pump as it has two outlets

Thanks for any help you can provide

pompeyrick said:
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some ideas.
1. Don't hijack this topic. :idea:
2. Create a new topic. :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back