Line marking paint, which is best?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We need to re-line a car park and warehouse entrance as part of a job we have planned in March. Can anyone recommend a brand of line marking paint to use or are they all pretty much the same contents inside? I see there are many brands on the market, most are 750ml cans. It gets quite a lot of "traffic" over the lines from trucks and forklifts trucks.

I did think of subbing this job out but the quotes are really overpriced for a job which I imagine is quite easy to do with the right machine and paint combination.

Any help or advise would be welcome!

Sponsored Links
Had you thought of asking the council to quote, I worked somewhere where they need to re-line the car park and the council were the cheapest.

If you are talking about the spray on contract line paint then these products are for short term use only. I think they are designed to actually wear off.

If you want lines to last then you will need to use pro contractors or an epoxy based paint.

Heavy traffic will always wear out the markings.
Use a decent priced spray and leave them a few tins and the marker wheel.
Included in the cost obviously.

Sponsored Links
I didn't think the council did those types of jobs but I'll check that out. I was actually thinking about keeping the line marker for future jobs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back