Linea 24 DHW Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is currently struggling to provide hot DHW. The temp drops down to between 34>37 when hot tap is switched on. Although luke warm its just not hot enought to have a pleasant bath. Central heating is fine with radiator temp sitting at 60>70 when turned up. Anyone have any ideas ????

Sponsored Links
As its recognising the call for hot water I would look at the DHW heat exchanger scaled up. Do you get any overheat cut out codes on the display when you run the hot water for any length of time :?:

has the mains pressure increased and the boiler cannot heat the increased flow. Also does your bath have temperature limiting valve as is now a requirement in Scotland for safer bathing

The first thing to do is measure the flow rate from the bath hot tap to see if its possible for the boiler to heat it.

Up to 9 litres per minute the boiler should heat it so its almost too hot to keep your hand in it.

If its within this flow rate then you would need have a competent person measure the gas settings and check the DHW thermister.

If they are all correct then a thermal survey will identify if the plate HE is blocked or the pump failing.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys, had the system for 4 years all that time bath water was very hot only happened recently. Not got a limiter on the bath to control temp. Any ideas where I can buy a thermistor for the system, will try changing this an cleaning the exchanger (although in glasgow area there is no problem with limescale)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back