Lines in paintwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a stud wall with door which was plasterboarded and then plastered over.
I let my brother do the mist coat and first coat of emulsion, but noticed paint lines near some of the edges and the corners

I sanded the areas last weekend and while it reduced them a bit some are still visible and I gave up and told myself I will not do any more sanding and just see what it's like when I have re-painted.

However I am still bothered by them (haven't repainted yet) and I am not sure if they are due to bad plastering or bad painting! Is it worth going over them with some fine surface filler or just do the mist coat and first coat of emulsion and see what it's like?

Sponsored Links
joe384, good evening.

Several possibilities to consider??

1/. Excess fill from any filling between the skirting or the architraves?

2/. Over coating with a "relatively" thick layer of paint around the "edges" if the perimeters of the wall were coated with a brush but the rest of the wall was rollered?

As for repair? suggest you consider using a sanding block, any rectangular bit of timber with sandpaper wrapped around it so that as you sand you do not dig uneven areas, with your hands alone, the block provides a flat sanding surface??

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back