lining paper help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I read that it's better to hang lining paper horizontal if you are going to paper over it.
I was wondering how long of strips I should do, if to do it wall by wall or door to door which would be pretty long!
And of I was to do smaller strips, where should I put the gaps between strips, in the corners of the room or middle of the walls?
Hope this makes sense!
Also should I put my first strip at the top and work down or bottom to top? Should I put one at the top and another at the bottom and work inwards? Just thinking that one strip will probably need cutting down, not lucky enough for my wal
ls to be even!
Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
I used to cross line, but it is much easier to handle shorter rolls and as the only reason for cross lining is to avoid top paper joints from clashing with the lining just work out a plan that will stagger them.

In fact lining paper is about 1/2 inch wider than finish paper to assist with this, the only time I tend to cross line is the area above the picture rail, I find it easier and quicker to run a full room width piece than lots of short bits.

From the top down, corner to corner, one wall at a time. It is not difficult to trim the final piece along the skirting, much harder across the ceiling the other way around.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back