Lining paper

You can't defeat the laws of science - no matter what dopey customer think.

Sponsored Links
the laws of science prove it to work, I think the downside of it would be how long it takes to earn the money back on the stuff and also how long is it going to survive layers of paint over the years, is it going to have to be replaced every time you paint if so then it's a waste of time. I have the feeling it is just going to end up a DIY product.

the laws of science prove it to work
Yes but that is exactly the point, there is nothing scientific amongst their claims. Its just it can save up to this amount of energy and it can reduce the cool down of a room by up to this amount or whatever no actual proof at all. If a couple of testimonials on a website is enough for you then go ahead.

Isn`t this same sort of lining paper that dents and leaves holes in it every time it gets knocked or bumped by people of furniture,
and Little children like picking at it with their fingers and leaving holes in it. :eek:

Sponsored Links

:D Another precious gem from geriatric joe. My dopey customer may prove to be more well researched than you are, and certainly less arrogant.

Not that I want you to change. I find you amusing if nothing else :LOL:

Isn`t this same sort of lining paper that dents and leaves holes in it every time it gets knocked or bumped by people of furniture,
and Little children like picking at it with their fingers and leaving holes in it. :eek:

No it is not

What are it's official U values? And I'm not arrogant - just right all the time.

Anyway, I have now used the KV600 wallrock thermal liner on some of the rooms.
The customers say that they noticed a difference in room temperature on the first night, even waking up too hot, and yes that was before the weather turned milder. I can only take their word for it though as I have never slept in the bedroom in question.

I can however testify to significant results in terms of a reduction in condensation on the exterior walls. In the bedrooms in which I have used the thermal liner, condensation has been totally, and I mean totally eliminated on the walls and just remains on the windows, while in the bedrooms that have not yet been lined the condensation remains on the walls surrounding the windows even now that we have had some milder temperatures.

I also applied some liner to an artexed ceiling that had been dripping with condensation. The liner adhered really well to the artex and again has instantly eliminated the condensation.

The product itself is very quick to work with as it is 1 mtr wide but very sharp blades are needed to cut through the felt-like backing. The finish is very nice indeed as long as the walls are prepared properly. only minor imperfections will be disguised by the thickness of the liner, but as long as effort is put into the prep, the edges are caulked and the joins are red devil-ed it looks great.

Against advice to the contrary the customer bought traditional wallpaper rather than paste-the-wall which is recommended. The only problem encountered was that quite a few edges lifted and needed sticking down which was a pain but did not spoil the job. It is worth noting that paste or overlap adhesive did not work in rectifying the problem, but a bit of the adhesive supplied with the thermal liner did the trick.

All in all, I am very impressed with the results in terms of finish, condensation elimination, and speed of application. As for heat retention and room warm-up times, I suppose I wont know for sure until next winter when things get really chilly again, but as far as my customer is concerned it is a worthwhile exercise.

Thanks Dean, i think its worth a try if the right job comes along.
Olfa blades?
Re red devil on the joints, is it harder to butt than a normal mav or pulp LP? Might be worth a coat of gardz first perhaps to give a bit of slip, what do you think?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back