Lining paper

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dean, i think its worth a try if the right job comes along.
Olfa blades?
Re red devil on the joints, is it harder to butt than a normal mav or pulp LP? Might be worth a coat of gardz first perhaps to give a bit of slip, what do you think?

I am not sure how much of a difference gardz would make dec. I sized the walls really well but there was very little slip. The adhesive really is strong, and with the thermal liner having a fluffy felt backing, the grab is very high. i still have two rooms left and with practice I think I can get the butts right. red devil is a good back up plan though.

Interesting discussion about the thermal lining- thanks. It is expensive, though and not impervious to mould.

To return to the original subject (lining papers in general), I agree that ordinary lining paper used as a base for paint is often unsatisfactory. I only ever use Wallrock liner (not the thermal sort, but thick/strong nonetheless) - the metre wide one, paste the wall, no shrinking or stretching, no seams visible. When painted especially with a flat matt paint it looks like plaster, but if anything with a slightly softer finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back