Lining the roof space

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a loft space that I use a lot. I want to line the roof space with some insulation to keep the heat in, but also so that I can put some adhoc plasterboard up just to make it less dark and brown and a bit lighter.

Currently the roof tiles aren't lined at all, they are just visible behind some old roofing paper. I don't want to just put up some rock wool type stuff as I'm concerned that some rain might get past the tiles and just make the insulation wet over time.

In newer parts of the roof, there's a layer of plastic between the roof tiles and the roof joists. I can't do the same in the old parts of the roof without taking all the tiles off from the outside which I'm trying to avoid.

So. Can anyone recommend a way to insulate my roof space, so that I can later plasterboard (badly) on top, that won't get wet, or let rain in, and other go smelly/mouldy/horrid ?

Here's a link to a photo of the type of space I have. I can't attach it for some reason.
https://goo.gl/photos/4h3p8fBM7v2DH2XHA

Olly

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back