Link-detached single-story extension permitted development

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've done my best to wrap my head around permitted development but still struggling a bit.
Is any of this allowed?
See image:
https://ibb.co/rFkXMSB

I don't see why Green box wouldn't be allowed (potentially subject to party wall agreement) but no-one on the street has done it. Yellow may not be allowed since width is larger than 50% of house, but everyone on street has done it, so probably planning permission?
I don't see blue ever being allowed.
Is it possible extending from Garage 6m to partially do blue?

I'd love to hear suggestions on what would be allowed to extend here to make the most of the space.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Assuming the black outline of the house is the original unmodified house then yellow and green should be good subject to max depth for rear extensions under PD and height at boundaries and not more than 50% of width of existing house.

Blue one looks like it will be way more than half the width of the house and the depth will be measured from the back of the garage.

You could go for full planning instead of PD if you want to do more than PD allows and there have been little or no modifications to the house in the past.

Yellow would need to meet the PD guidelines for side and rear extensions. Green would need to meet the PD guidelines for rear extensions. Blue requires formal Planning.

Your PD guidelines would be those relating to a semi-detached house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back