Linksys befsr41 router probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My linksys router randomly needs resetting. Now and again the internet goes off (usually whilst enjoyiong a game of CS) line and i have to pull out its power cable to get it going again..

Any ideas

Sponsored Links
Hi evans

Can you provide a more detailed description of the problem, ideally identifying the router model, any firewalls installed, recent software changes etc.

Has the router been working fine up until now? Does it occur while doing a particular task? Does it happen more than once in a day or at regular intervals?

Check the router logs for evidence of Denial of Service (DoS) attacks.

Cheers

Ian

It is a Lynksys etherfast cable/dsl router

model: BEFSR41

It is approx 2 years old and goes off maybe 4/5 times a week.

i am currently using Norton security 2005.

I updated the firmware a while back but that did not sort it.

how do i get the dos log ?

See page 58 of the manual for log settings. You may have them turned off. Also, check the connect on demand/max idle time and keep alive settings of page 51.

Have you tried without using the router?

Sponsored Links
I have a had my broadband connection for about 3 and a half years only since getting a second my and router has this happened.

evans1 said:
only since getting a second my and router has this happened.

Didn't understand this bit. Have a look at the logs/settings from previous post and let me know what u find.

Sorry for that ;oashgvoipaypigfyi

What i meant to say was. before i got my router for a second PC i had never had a problem with my internet connection.

Sponsored Links
Back