Lintel for Shelf in Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evenng All,

I've got a bathroom renovation job for a customer. They've asked for a recessed shelf in the shower. Having stripped everything back I've found the walls to be breezeblock - how deep can I make the shelf safely without a lintel and if they want it deeper what lintel do you suggest. The shelf is going to be 600 x 250 ( the size of one of their tiles)

Thanks
Screwed

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. No, not possible, it's a window wall and will also have a bath along it. They only want to
put shower gel etc on it but thought I'd check, I'd be happier with a lintel but don't want to go too overboard for something that's going to be 3 or 4 inches deep!

Screwed.

Sponsored Links
They want recessed, not corner shelves for some reason. You have given me an idea anyway. I'm going to go with part recessed and build out the shelf from the wall at an angle.

Thanks all!

lets hope it works out for you
let us know how you got on and what solution you choose (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back