Liquid DPM and sharp sand advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am applying a final coat of liquid DPM then planning to coat it in sharp sand to allow a latex self levelling compound to be applied on top and bind.

I have just opened the bag of sharp sand it is damp, though I have been told to apply it dry. I don't think it is possible to get dry bags because most of them have spent some time outside. Will it be an issue to apply this while it is damp and if so, can anyone recommend recommend where a dry product can be purchased?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I can only see kiln dried paving sand on the market, is that the dried equivalent of sharp sand?

It's fine sand, it is a sharp sand but is finer than standard sharp sand.

Why do you need to add sand?

Sponsored Links
Ok, thanks, do you think it be would fine to use for this purpose?

I need to add sand because the latex did not take to the DPM and I have been advised to add another coat and sprinkle it with sand so it has something to take to.

Thanks

Ok, thanks, do you think it be would fine to use for this purpose?

I need to add sand because the latex did not take to the DPM and I have been advised to add another coat and sprinkle it with sand so it has something to take to.

Thanks
Is that randomly advised or do the instructions state that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back