Listen to tv from workshop to garden

Sponsored Links
Yes
bluetooth is a low power wireless signal
you may need to try a couple if the cheap ones are under range, but most people are within 20 feet or so.
some TVs have separate speaker and headphone volumes, some cut the speaker when headphones are used.
you will always get latency, but it may be minimal.
hearing both could be an issue

Yes
bluetooth is a low power wireless signal
you may need to try a couple if the cheap ones are under range, but most people are within 20 feet or so.
some TVs have separate speaker and headphone volumes, some cut the speaker when headphones are used.
you will always get latency, but it may be minimal.
hearing both could be an issue
i tend to be in the shed where sound will be fairly enclosed where at 3.6m /12ft i then exit would now be within 1m/4ft off the seat

now its worth pointing out the sound is never actually ever more than low level information as i i never ever worship the telly its background information where 90% off the time its filling in when the main task i am doing is not fully occupying my full attention so the tv is the peripheral stimulation
the tv will on occasion be my main focus so would be in the shed but would never be fully focused as my attention will wander looking for a task that needs attention as sitting watching tv for more than about 40 mins will never ever happen about 2 episodes off judge judy will be watched but with progressively more divergence as my brain loses interest
so dont worry about annoying out off sink or echos or other as the tv is never more than background i dont need more than low low level off quality as the information is the stimulation
:giggle:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Bluetooth isn't a broadcast format annoyingly- you have to 'pair' a receiver with a transmitter.
If you are lucky the headphone jack won't cut off the speakers on the telly- give it a try. If you are unlucky then you end up having TV sound either at the telly OR on the Bluetooth.

yes i need continuity off sound as it constant movement often several times a min so must work without input so plugging unplugging jacks wont work also it would take perhaps 5 mins to change set up

You can get 3.5mm splitter leads (1m to 2f). Add a set of powered pc speakers at the TV end as well as the Bluetooth transmitter. Still come in well under your £80 max budget

That's a fairly low- spec telly you have there. Looks like no Bluetooth (so that Milwaukee speaker won't work), no TOSlink (so forget buying a soundbar), no aux outputs (so even if you had a hifi system you couldn't connect it).
There are Bluetooth transmitters (and RF transmitters) that you can plug into the headphone socket but that'll switch off the local speakers and (with the Bluetooth) there's a few milliseconds delay which sounds horrible if you can hear the 'live' sound as well as the Bluetooth sound.
Easiest option would be a baby alarm but audio quality will be poor.
Cheap and cheerful Argos Special set ( https://www.argos-support.co.uk/ins...sh-24-inch-smart-hd-ready-hdr-freeview-tv.pdf

But it does have Toslink / optical out and also allows fixed level line out from the headphone jack for an amplifier (or bluetooth transmitter) and will do headphone socket and TV speakers at same time from my reading of the manual (but only trying it will confirm). See page 28 of the manual.

One can get low latency (i.e. low delay in the audio coding/decoding) if both transmit and receive devices support it. One can also get bluetooth headphones to ensure that neighbours won't be disturbed by a loudspeaker in the shed or garden.

Cheap and cheerful Argos Special set ( https://www.argos-support.co.uk/ins...sh-24-inch-smart-hd-ready-hdr-freeview-tv.pdf

But it does have Toslink / optical out and also allows fixed level line out from the headphone jack for an amplifier (or bluetooth transmitter) and will do headphone socket and TV speakers at same time from my reading of the manual (but only trying it will confirm). See page 28 of the manual.

One can get low latency (i.e. low delay in the audio coding/decoding) if both transmit and receive devices support it. One can also get bluetooth headphones to ensure that neighbours won't be disturbed by a loudspeaker in the shed or garden.
i basically just wanted a monitor as all content would be from the freeveiw recorder box via the aeriel as i have zero interest in pay for or free with adverts even iff i could get internet that i couldnt
i actually have humax recorder iff that makes any difference [no bleray or internet]as the only input to the tv [no internet or aeriel to tv]

i basically just wanted a monitor as all content would be from the freeveiw recorder box via the aeriel as i have zero interest in pay for or free with adverts even iff i could get internet that i couldnt
i actually have humax recorder iff that makes any difference [no bleray or internet]as the only input to the tv [no internet or aeriel to tv]
Ahh, you use a standalone tuner/recorder not the internal tuner on the telly. That makes a BIG difference- have you got a pic of the back of yon box (where all the connectors go)

it says hdmi/dvi/scart/rca/spdif/usb off course aeriel and power
i seem to have included rca but looking a second time cant find it what ever it is :unsure:

just to reiterate my preferences

standard level sound in shed to a usb powered speaker off some kind with individual sound control [if possible ]the connection between the humax hdr 1800 t and tv is the hdmi at the min [i think]
will have a connecting wire iff no choice from shed to outside can use indoor stuff ok as seating area shower proof and not used in the wet
again thanks to everyone for there help so far and sorry for any frustration i have caused:LOL:

Last edited:
You can get Bluetooth sender which plugs into audio socket and transmits to Bluetooth earphones or speaker

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back