Little bit of advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a TT installation and have received a letter from my DNO to say that they will be coming soon to replace the meter as part of scheduled maintenance. As the only isolation I have at the moment is the CU, I was planning on asking them to supply a double pole isolator as I have seen recommended on this site. My question is, should I ask them to fit a PME? The supplementary bonding is only 6mm at the moment and I believe it should be 10mm for PME. I have an RCD on the whole CU.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I doubt a meter changer will do PME conversions tbh.
You need to confirm the size of the main bonding for PME with your DNO as they can overrule the sizes in the IEE regs. For supplementary bonding in a bathroom etc 4mm is usually adequate.

You can certainly ask the DNO, but do it well in advance of the appointment. They might make a charge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back