PME connection - who's resposible.

Thanks everyone. I phoned my DNO (EON) today, I was passed around 4 different departments put on hold for 25 mins and eventually transferred back to the number I first phoned!

No one there seems to know what the procedure is (for them to connect from the PME cutout to a CU or an MET) - though they've promised to call me back with an answer...

It's a good job there's no urgency for this.
Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
write them a letter.

They're not very good at phone calls for anything out of the ordinary. A letter will be passed on until it reaches someone who knows what to do with it.

This sounds just like the experience I had last week with EDF. Hours on the phone and passed from pillar to post and back to pillar again. If we ran our business like that people would die - oh this is electricty, people might :doh:

I did have some success as i got to talk to someone who confirmed PME was available without a site visit, and have subsequently received a letter from EDF confirming it.

But EDF were stating they would not visit without a valid ICert on the premisis and would only connect the connect the earth.

On JohnD's advice, I have resorted to writing a nice letter to the customer services dept (with pictures) in the hope that I might get a definitive answer for PME and the other questions from my other thread.

You will need to have the MEB's up to scratch before the DNO will connect you to PME. I am assuming (if you are in Staffs)that the cut out needs to be accessed to connect the MEC. In which case, EON will probably do it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again for your feedback. The DNO phoned me back as promised.

They checked my postcode against their database and said that it IS probably PME but they would need to check. The only way that they can do this is for me to complete a form requesting a PME and send them a cheque for £98. In "4 to 6" weeks time they will then come out with the intention of installing a PME, if they find that it is already PME then they'll refund my £98. Is it always this complicated when DNO's get involved?

Cheers

that's the electricity industry for you, mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back